Top Fortune 100 healthcare company (One of the Top 20 in the US) is now seeking a Billing/lock box Representative for a temp to hire position. You will be a member of the Payer Solutions Operations billing team; responsible for cash and census application, mailings, filing, electronic invoicing and general support. Must be proficient with 10-key in both speed and accuracy. May work with internal/external customers, banks, vendors, and/or partners to resolve matters. May create, analyze and respond to standard and/or non-standard reports. Must have experience working in Excel and be detail oriented. THis is a Remote role, but you will need to sit in the Fenton area and be willing to work on site when office opens.
location: Fenton, Missouri
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 17 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Application of financial payments to accounting systems
- Electronic invoicing
- Request checks in SAP
- Research/respond to billing or payment inquiries within established turnaround times
- Escalate issues as needed
- Analyze client data utilizing various reports and resources
- Account reconciliation on a periodic basis
- Peer audit process to ensure quality and mitigate financial risk or exposure
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding daily goals, quality goals, and individual development
- Ensures appropriate use of tools to track and monitor the financial performance of customers
- Work with matrix partners to resolve customer disputes and issues
- Filing and other general administrative duties
- Understand and use accounting concepts
- Prepare monthly and other requested ad hoc reporting
- Provide both internal and external customer service
- Process, review and understand multiple systems inputs
- Special project support as needed
- Knowledge/understanding of the interrelationships between CIGNA HealthCare matrix partners.
- Understanding of customer service deliverables (policies, cutoff dates, billing) and their impact on timing and results.
- HSD or Equivalent; 1-2 years' work experience in billing, accounting or collections role
- Proficient in 10 key
- Knowledge of Excel
- Genasys, SAP, PCRS system knowledge, or quick learner of new applications and systems
- Analytical, attention to detail and quality oriented
- Knowledge of MS applications
- Ability to demonstrate solid problem solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to manage time and prioritize appropriately
- Demonstrates responsiveness and a sense of urgency when dealing with internal and external clients
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
- Demonstrate strength and understanding of customer expectations and "sense of urgency" resulting in the ability to influence the organization to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills to effectively communicate and interact with all levels and functions within the organization.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.