A premier consulting and financial services firm seeks a Tax Manager to join their organization.
location: Orange, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non Profit, gift, multi state and TX franchise).
- Review Compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not for Profit entities, Partnerships, and Individuals, including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and nonconsolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients' needs.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
- Active California CPA license required.
- Good oral and written communication
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other major with tax and accounting (through intermediate) course work completed.
- Minimum of five years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm.
- Minimum of two years reviewing all types of tax returns and compiled financial statements with a public CPA firm.
skills: Tax Research, TAX, Partnership Tax, Tax Compliance, Sales & Use Tax, State & Local Tax, Multi-State Tax, Tax Planning, Trust & Estate Tax, tax audit, Individual/Personal Tax Planning, Audit - External, Tax Supv/Mgmt, State and Local Compliance, Tax Provision, State and Local Planning
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.