Randstad Professionals is looking for an experienced and motivated Accounts Payable Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing and verifying outstanding invoices to ensure proper payment and adherence to applicable requirements within the company are being met, ensuring all financial deadlines are met for month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closings, supervising the employee expense reporting process as well as any special projects as it relates to the A/P process to include upgrades, integrations etc. This position interacts with all levels in the accounting department as well as numerous other departments in the company.
Randstad Professionals specializes in Accounting and Finance, contract and contract to hire staffing and helps thousands of professionals start and grow their career each year.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Supervise A/P Specialists and the entire A/P process.
- Devise systems and implement those procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy of a department or the organization.
- Supervise check runs; analyzing and verifying outstanding invoices to ensure proper payment and adherence to any applicable requirements, manage expense reporting process and payments
- Ensure that all financial deadlines regarding accounts payable are met for month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closings, including supporting requests from internal and external audit functions.
- Help to develop and maintain documentation such as periodic calendars of accounts payable tasks, desk manuals for each work area, and training manuals.
- Maintain consistency of adherence to accounts payable policies and goals, establish and communicate standard operating procedures for accounts payable team to follow, monitor and analyze specific accounts payable operations
- Communicate with other departments, branches and vendors regarding A/P position on relevant issues, design/revise tools, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and head special projects, as needed.
- Delegate tasks across the entire A/P team and ensure expectations so that the team achieves a quality outcome
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field preferred.
- 10 years of dedicated accounts payable experience.
- 6 years of management experience in an Accounting related position.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization and outside of the organization.
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Click Apply to submit your resume today!
Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play
and the App Store
skills: Analysis, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.