A long time Randstad Client is seeking an Employee Relations Specialist for their Downtown LA office. This individual would join an HR team of about 10 individuals, all reporting into the Senior Vice President of HR. The ideal HR Generalist should have direct experience in Employee Relations and multi-state exposure. This would be an on-site, contract to hire opportunity.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Primary point of contact for managers and other personnel for resolving ER issues by using a systematic approach to conduct employment-related investigations, provide counseling, and record key findings with supporting documentation
- Role must take proactive measures to stay current on legislation to ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures
- Partner with managers to build, deliver, and follow through on Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs)
- Manage employee termination process by conducting exit interviews and coordinating with IT and Payroll departments in a timely manner
- Develop and organize employee transportation program, following Rule 2202 guidelines (must have or receive ETC certification from Metro / AQMD)
- File EEO-1 annually report, maintain records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university required
- 5+ years HR Generalist experience required, including employee relations, workplace investigations, training and development, performance management, and application of policy
- Experience with HR Information Systems (HRIS) required, preferably in UltiPro
- PHR or SHRM-CP highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Federal and State employment laws required
- Ability to work collaboratively within a close-knit team environment
- Ability to acquire ETC certification from Metro / AQMD to manage the employee transportation program
If you are available to interview immedaitely, please apply directly or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.