Randstad USA is seeking a Cost Accountant for an exciting and challenging opportunity with a manufacturing company in the near Columbus, Ohio!
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and at least two years of work experience in a staff accountant capacity. Other essential attributes include a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to work across various platforms, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are looking for a new role that offers opportunities for continued growth and professional development, this is the opportunity for you.
location: New Albany, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Complete month end closing requirements for the plant including closing entries and month-end reporting package.
- Provide accurate information and reports for plant KPI's that enable plant management team to track and measure performance.
- Possess the skills to analyze and explain material flow, MUV, scrap, and other operational issues as they relate to financial results.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyze plant data and work with the operational teams to recommend solutions and corrective actions.
- Analysis of customer and product sales, margins and profitability in support of reported results and strategies
- Maintain standard cost and provide variance analysis
- Lead plant preparation of department level annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Identify and report obsolete and excess inventory and assist with disposition
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance and 2+ years related experience.
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing or Logistics environment.
- Strong analytical skills, solid attention to detail and strong demonstrated sense of curiosity.
- Advanced experience with Excel and basic knowledge of Power point; ability to quickly learn and master new finance systems.
- Accountability for deadlines and ability to thrive in an evolving, fast packed environment including multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Strong experience and technical competence in budget analysis, variance analysis, and financial forecasting
- Disciplined, hands-on and comfortable working in lean organizations
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lead meetings and other tasks as required
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off and holidays.
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.