Loan Processor Analyst
Our large financial services client with offices in Westmont, IL will be seeking six entry level loan processors. Experience in loan processing is not required.
Bachelors' Degree is required
Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Remote for now (the current estimate is a return to the office in April 2021 - which can change)
This is a great opportunity for a foot in the door with a financial services giant. The roles are contract with the intent to hire based on performance.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 20 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
The Loan Processing Team supports the Private Banking Mortgage Origination business. The team is responsible for processing of mortgages along with simultaneous HELOCs. During this process, the file will exit from the Prelim team and be appropriately assigned out to Processor. The Processor will then complete the entire process; inclusive of engagement with the Underwriting, Rate Lock, Closing, Quality and Mortgage Advisory teams as necessary. The goal is to ensure the complete financial package is received; the underwriting decision has been made; handle any appropriate inter-process changes from the Client or MA; obtain all required third party and vendor information; obtain a clear to close from quality and remediate all QC findings; and ultimately submit to closing according to Federal and State regulatory requirements. Processing Specialist will be responsible to communicate with multiple internal and external groups to resolve any issues that may arise. The role is not client facing, although communication to 3rd parties can occur while clients are signing and messages are relayed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with internal and external parties to resolve issues
- Expertise in Mortgage concepts; Working knowledge of major US Mortgage Regulations
- Detailed understanding of all stages of mortgage originations life cycle
- Proficiency in analyzing documents like Title, Home Owners Insurance/Flood, Appraisal, etc.
- Must have had exposure to production management, work allocation, prioritization, exception handling, and process documentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Achieve daily production targets on a consistent basis and turnaround priority reviews within the stipulated timelines
- Maintain high standards and follow all process controls with no lapses
- Handle issues and escalate to management if required
- Interact with different stakeholder to resolve process issues and play key role in adding process controls
- Suggest process enhancements, possible automations for better controls, perform periodic risk and controls analysis with the team for process risk valuation
- Proficient in organizing, priority setting, and pipeline management
- Ability to act independently and work in a fast paced, high production environment
- Time Management, flexibility & adaptability to changes
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Coordination and team work (Internal and across teams)
- Stakeholder Management
- Exception Handling & Subject Matter Expertise, challenges status quo
skills: Asset Management, Commercial Lending, Mortgage Lending, Banking Operations, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.