We have partnered with a premier, fast growing Life Sciences company north of Boston in their search for a Financial Reporting Manager. This is a high profile, valuable member of the corporate finance team. The individual will be the key person in the reporting process managing the company's reporting efforts.
Great opportunity to join a growing team and help scale a fast emerging organization.
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Financial Reporting Manager, manages and prepares internal and external financial reporting, addresses technical accounting issues, and develops and implements policies and procedures across the entire organization.
- Oversee internal and external financial reporting
- Responsible for preparing US GAAP financial statements and footnotes.
- Ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Research recently issued technical US GAAP and SEC pronouncements, and interpret the corresponding implications to the organization.
- Directly responsible for managing the preparation of SEC filings (10K, Q and MD&A
- Assist with SEC calendar to ensure deadlines are met (fiscal close, BOD package, press release, 10-Q/K).
- Assist functional organizations on technical accounting issues and work through respective resolutions.
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
- Ongoing maintenance of internal controls processes and documentation.
- Support month end and year end closing.
- 4 year college degree in accounting or finance
- CPA and advanced degree desired,
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience in product driven, global environment is desired
- Deep knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Ability to research complex accounting topics and propose company positions
- Outstanding presentation and influencing skills required
- Able to manage multiple tasks with changing priorities
skills: Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.