A family-owned nationwide title company is seeking a fast-paced, dynamic, and reliable Title Searcher/ Title Examiner for its growing Texas team. This person MUSt be local to Texas and MUST have experience searching/ examining Texas title.
This position is with a company that has been profitable every year since its founding in 1974 and has repeatedly been named as one of the best places to work for Title/Escrow professionals.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 3 Years
- 3 to 5 years of experience working as a Title Searcher/Examiner (Texas experience required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good working knowledge of documentations, i.e. Grant Deeds, Trust Deeds, etc., and their effects against real property.
- Search and examine the title, access county websites.
- Try and find prior policies.
- Possibly perform audits as well.
- Primarily residential, mostly re-financing instead of sales.
- Ability to create real property searches, researching public records, compiling all information pertaining to the subject property, including general indices of current & prior owner.
- Ability to thoroughly review chains of title.
- Knowledge of the terminology used in Title industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized and ability to multi-task.
- Experienced in searching Integrity and Data Trace plants.
skills: Mortgage Lending, Equity Research, Mortgage Title Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.