Are you a talented Payroll Accountant looking for your next opportunity? If so, this might be the right fit for you!
A prominent financial services company located in Irvine, CA, is currently seeking a Senior Payroll Accountant
that will be responsible for performing a wide variety of payroll processing activities.
This is a 12 month engagement and is available for immediate hire.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Uploads and audits various import files and manually enters data from the payroll processing systems to validate all salary, hour and deduction changes have been accounted for, researching and resolving errors identified during the process
- Complete wage requests received from vendors
- Handles all monthly payroll reporting in general
- Prepares funding disbursement requests for Finance & Accounting and Treasury
- Provides assistance to senior accountants with annual reconciliation tasks
- Prepare Input Materials for payroll processing
- Consolidates STD daily reports
- Help with sorting input backup documents, create pdf files and put into the appropriate folders
- Garnishment Update Task
- Update master spreadsheet
- Send letters to the associates
- Responds to associate inquiries
- Resets passwords, troubleshoots and resolves access issues for systems that allow associates to access their pay stubs electronically.
- Provides explanation on questions related to paychecks, including VOE, tax withholding, direct deposit set up, and/or other related issues.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned
Click to Apply
- Bachelor's Degree preferred & 5+ years of accounting/payroll/tax related experience
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize assigned work, strong attention to detail, and complete high- quality work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving routine matters.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of payroll and tax withholdings and ability to apply knowledge to work assignments.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of desktop applications, the internet and payroll administration systems or similar software with multi-state experience and ability to apply knowledge to work assignments.
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
skills: Analysis, Payroll Accounting & Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.