Senior Content Strategist
The Content Strategist is responsible for the planning, development, rollout and training of content guidelines for a new visual design system that will be launching in the coming months. Demonstrates full knowledge of content strategy, design and user experience best practices and can lead cross-functional teams. Works independently and with cross-functional teams on complex projects, analyses and specific tasks.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $80.00 - 86.21 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- In this role, the Sr. Content Strategist will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for rolling out a new visual design and content system for use by content creators (marketers, writers, content strategists and others).
- Guidelines will provide comprehensive documentation of how the system works and how to best use it.
- Collaborate with visual and experience design to ensure the guidelines capitalize on the design system an outside agency has delivered.
- Provide content leadership: from initial planning and outline, through writing, formatting and creating training materials
Design and Project Leadership
- Work with content strategists, UX and visual designers in the creation of centralized content guidelines that will be the primary source for anyone who creates content for outward-facing capital group web properties.
- Work with project management to establish a project timeline for deliverables
- Oversee aspects of the guideline creation
- Communicate on project objectives and deliverables
- Lead the creation of content guideline deliverables, including establishing a structure and timeline for them
- Partner with Digital and Creative teams to internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define content
- Experience developing complex content guidelines for a digital experience
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to influence others.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity, ambiguity and diversity.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in leading/facilitating a variety of meetings.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and manage projects within the team.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Content Strategy skill and practices.
- Experience working as part of a collaborative cross-functional team, including front end and back end developers, with proven knowledge of digital visual design, interaction design, ADA guidelines, analytics, SDLC, Agile and Waterfall.
* Must be able to show writing samples and have experience with UX writing, instructional copywriting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.