Our client, a Fortune 100 technology and social media company, is looking to bring on a Accounting role for an 12 month contract assignment at their offices in Austin, Texas. You will be responsible for Preparing, analyzing, and verifying annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning. Lead the review accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports created by staff to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 27 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Lead the review accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports created by staff to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Approve budgets and periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Work with executive leadership on the company's financial goals and how they can be achieved.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend and/or develop solutions to business and financial problems.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Advanced ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Advanced ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Advanced ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.