The Business Contract Operations Specialist will work as an integral member of the NA Business Operations team, managing the processes associated with creating vendor agreements, including service agreements, work orders, change orders and purchase requisitions. Responsibilities will include reviewing all submissions in detail for accuracy and completeness, partnering with internal stakeholders such as Legal, Procurement and Finance, processing agreements and serving as an expert user of the financial and legal systems the client uses.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the end-to-end processes associated with initiating, and then managing, new and existing relationships with suppliers.
- Proactively oversee the review and approval of new agreements and the creation of associated purchase requisitions and/or purchase orders
- Work in conjunction with business partners, Legal and Finance to help ensure that required documentation is obtained, pertinent risk assessments are conducted, and all associated timelines are met.
- Develop and maintain expertise in SAP, Smartsheets, and the their internal Legal and Risk Assessment tools, proactively contributing suggestions for improvement and updating associated documentation as needed.
- Partner with assigned business functions, effectively communicating milestones, due dates and contractual commitments; develop and provide monthly reports on contract statuses, responding to all associated questions in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify potential business critical challenges and work in conjunction with management to implement solutions.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in managing supplier-partners including third party service providers
- Prior experience with budget development and management
- Working knowledge of financial processes, technologies (e.g. SAP, Salesforce), compliance and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent, a plus
skills: Vendor Relations, Contract Administration, Category Analysis, Contract Maintenance/Renewal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.