Our client, a global biotechnology leader, is looking to bring on an HR Generalist at their offices in Bradley, IL for a one year contract. This role would be full time, but only required to come onsite two or three days a week.
location: Bradley, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
· Perform employee/labor relations investigations. (50%-60% of time)
· Work within a matrixed environment to provide findings and advice to HR colleagues
· Have the ability to escalate appropriately and present investigation findings/recommendations to senior management
· Respond to union information requests.
· Grievance file creation and management.
· Schedule and be note taker in grievance preparation/debrief meetings.
· Handle logistics for monthly grievance and labor management meetings.
· Handle all post grievance resolution steps, including departmental notification and file closure steps.
· Review pending discipline for accuracy and completeness. Issued discipline to be uploaded to database as well as discipline excel tracking updated.
· Manage and track union business requests.
· Assist in site HR projects, including but not limited to Diversity and Inclusion, organizational design, talent and development, and strategic workforce planning.
· Other tasks as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree in HR, Organizational Development or other related field
- At least two years of HR experience
- Experience working with unions
- Well versed in employee/labor relations
- Exceptional communication skills
If this sounds like you, please apply today.
skills: Benefit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.