job summary: Built on 30 years of expertise, Randstad Professionals provides specialized recruiting services to a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small and mid-sized businesses spanning multiple industries.
Our Direct Hire Technology Practice is currently searching for a Sr. Applications Engineer to join a company in the Baltimore, MD area. This is a FTE career opportunity.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Job Description:
The Applications Engineer is responsible for the overall coordination, design, configuration and implementation of COTS and SAAS applications.
qualifications: Job Requirements: Candidates should understand and have a proven track record with:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or experience equivalent.
- 5 years of experience implementing, administering and supporting multiple enterprise level COTS applications in a multiple office environment.
- 3 years of experience implementing, administering and supporting SAAS applications.
- 5 years of experience with multi-tiered database applications.
- 5 years of experience with Windows Server 2008+ (MCSE is a plus), with advanced understanding of the following areas:
- Advanced knowledge of Web Server technologies
- Advanced knowledge of database technologies and management tools.
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems and corresponding technologies.
- Strong knowledge of asynchronous replication
- Strong knowledge of network devices and firewalls.
- Knowledge of XenDesktop and XenApp.
- Knowledge of enterprise block and file storage systems. Experience with EMC, Nimble, and/or Hitachi are a plus.
- Knowledge of VMware vCenter.
- Knowledge of event management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell and creating scripts to automate tasks.
- ITIL/COBIT/Microsoft Operations Framework knowledge and/or experience is preferred.
Qualified candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time, our client is only able to consider candidates that are eligible to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
skills: Windows, MCSE, ITIL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.