HR & A/P Clerk
HR AND A/P CLERK
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Controller
The HR and A/P Clerk performs a variety of accounting clerical tasks related to the maintenance/processing of A/P invoices for Company's various clients and vendors. Compiles, reviews, and submits Company's payroll ensuring employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner and in compliance with FLSA and all other federal and state wage and hour laws.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 0 Years
- Process bi-weekly payroll using ADP.
- Assist with maintenance of employee HR files, benefits programs, on-boarding and exiting of employees.
- Process reports as requested for management and HR.
- Process manual checks when needed.
- Help employees with payroll and benefit related questions.
- Process accounts payable invoices.
- Process check runs for vendor payments as needed.
- Check vendor statements for missing invoices and/or credits.
- Assist with new hires, processing terminations, answering questions and resolving benefit coverage issues.
PREFERRED SKILS AND EXPERIENCE
- High level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws (FLSA, Wage and Hour, FMLA, MD Sick and Safe Leave, etc.)
- Law Firm experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Orion
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Ability to produce high quality work product
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize multiple assignments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good phone skills
- Courteous and professional manner
- Strong team player
skills: Excel, Word, Communication
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.