job summary: Employee Relations Consultant
A nationwide leading Financial Services provider is in need of experienced Employee Relations professionals to join their team in either the Headquarters located in Des Moines, Iowa.
This position is responsible for designing and administering proactive programs and plans related to employee relations activities.
Consultants will handle ethics line complaints, workplace conflict situations, disputes (performance, corrective action, compensation).
location: West Des Moines, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 32 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined policies and practices.
- Recommend or take appropriate action to correct problems including assisting and/or advising management in the formal discipline or termination of employees.
- Provide training to managers and employees on employee relations issues.
- Conduct termination interviews and compile statistical reports and information.
- Represent company at various employment hearings (mediation, wage/hour, equal employment, etc.)
- Exercise sound judgment and expertise within broadly defined policies and practices.
- Consult and build relationships with all level of team members.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and required documentation of activities to ensure quality employee relations records and metrics.
- An accredited degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources, or any related subject field.
- Experience working in Employee Relations for a large or corporate organization.
- Demonstrated track record of positive impact in all positions held.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Proven hands-on track record of managing multiple, often competing, priorities, tasks and objectives.
- Highly professional with superior verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with all levels of an organization and diverse audiences.
- Ability to present and communicate complex concepts/business issues verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to respond effectively and quickly to business and employee needs and issues.
- Proven ability to develop business relationships.
Click to apply.
skills: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.