TITLE: TRAINING SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources Reports to: Director, Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: 08/01/18 Summary-
The Training Specialist is responsible for improving the productivity of an organization's employees. This position is responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs for all employees. The Training Specialist assesses companywide development needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively creates, designs, and implements effective training methods to educate employees and to enhance and recognize performance.
location: Edgewood, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES :
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review and assess all completed training documentation to evaluate and measure results. This includes the development and assessment of Skill Cards, and Departmental On-Boarding materials.
- Develop, implement, and monitor training programs within the organization. Re-evaluate and modify programs as needed.
- Develop trainer-the-trainer programs and coach others involved in training efforts, providing effective growth and development opportunities.
- Create effective training materials utilizing a variety of media, visual aids and presentations.
- Plan, organize, facilitate and order supplies for training events.
- Create testing and evaluation processes.
- Assist with the development of the training budget.
- Evaluate needs of company and plan training program(s) accordingly.
- Provide employees with classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Provide performance feedback.
- Build strong/solid cross-functional relationships.
- Provide logistical support, course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and cost management.
- Work effectively as a team member with other members of management and the human resources staff.
qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General Education and/or Education + Experience
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (B. S or B.A.) from four-year College or university; and five years related experience and/or training. Requirements
COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES :
- Must possess excellent reasoning ability and problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Good understanding of continuous improvement.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
An employee handbook and other policies and procedures have been prepared to guide employees in their personal conduct and work activities. Employees are, however, expected to exercise on the spot decisions regarding the workmanship of themselves and others to ensure that quality is built in at every process step. COMMUNICATION SKILLS :
Solid verbal and written communications skills required. Strong interpersonal skills enabling involvement in a cross-functional, quality driven team environment. A positive "can do" attitude fueled with initiative, dedication, neatness, sense of urgency and concern for the satisfaction of customers, both internal and external.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS :
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. REASONING ABILITY :
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. When in the manufacturing area employees are required to wear steel toe safety shoes and ANSI approved safety glasses with side shields at all times. Gloves are required when handling all products.
skills: Human Resources, Communication
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.