Sr. Software Developer
job summary: Built on 30 years of expertise, Randstad Professionals provides specialized recruiting services to a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small and mid-sized businesses spanning multiple industries.
This is a full time employment career opportunity with a company in the Baltimore, Maryland area.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 8 Years
In this role, the Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Full lifecycle application development with an emphasis on agile development methodologies
- Scrum, sprints, incremental design
- Identifying appropriate architecture based on system specifications and design element requirements
- Designing, coding, and debugging Java applications
- Documenting relative information for support, development, upgrade, and migration purposes
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the company's strategies, plans, and other proprietary information.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline OR equivalent work and course experience
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience developing Java/J2EE with at least five of the following: J2EE, Spring, FreeMarker, Hibernate, Ibatis, Struts, WebServices/WS Standards, JDBC, Spring, JSP/Servlets (or similar)
Candidates should understand and have a proven track record with the following:
- Object oriented methodologies, principles, practices, and modeling
- Working in UNIX/Linux environments
- Providing backend APIs to front end applications using RESTful API
- Relational databases/Oracle
- Multi-tiered architectures
- Responsibilities of the platform, API, caching layer, database, proxies, API, and other web services in the system
Preferred skills and experience:
- Full stack development in a SOA/Microservices environment
- N-tier J2EE environments (IBM Websphere, BEA/Oracle Weblogic, or JBoss)
- MVC-based applications (Struts and Spring framework)
- NoSQL Database experience
- RDBMS concepts
- Writing and consuming web services (REST, WSDL)
- Building business high-volume transactional systems
Click to apply now, or for more information regarding this role, contact Joe Sharp at email@example.com
At this time, our client is only able to consider candidates that are legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.