job summary: Benefits Specialist
Salary is 75 - 85 range with bonus and amazing benefits and vacation time.
If you or someone you know might fit the qualifications, please contact me ASAP. I would like to share more details and information on the company. email@example.com
The position will be based in our New York City, NY
office, with travel to our Purchase, NY office as needed.
location: Purchase, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8:30 - 5:30
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Answer employee benefits-related questions, research and resolve benefits issues, partnering with appropriate management on escalated situations
- Administer the employee leave of absence/disability process
- Verify documentation, eligibility, coordinate pay and benefits, communicate with employee, supervisor, and vendors, ensuring policies are adhered to. Coordinate required employee notifications concerning leave time for applicable states.
- Workday Benefit administration (monitor employee enrollment/termination administration, mid-year changes, integrations/reporting, annual and ad hoc updates, employee assistance, ongoing enhancements/rate changes, etc.)
- Benefit premium statement reconciliation
- Administer/coordinate various ongoing and seasonal programs, including but not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Global Professional Qualifications program
- Global Service Award Program
- Annual on-site flu shots
- Open enrollment administration/preparation/follow-ups
- Run various Workday and vendor website reports in response to broker/employee information/census requests, ongoing and ad hoc
- Ensure Company intranet is up to date with appropriate plan documents, forms, etc.
- Implement & initiate additional benefit-related employee informational communications & seminars (e.g., retirement planning, CDHP 101, Workday instructions for various situations, etc.)
- Other responsibilities and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in HR-related field
- Minimum 5 years' business experience with focus on health & welfare /leave of absence administration
- Strong computer technical skills with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, and willingness to learn new applications
- Experience with Workday or similar HRIS
- Ability to use sound judgement and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy; excellent follow-up/follow-through skills
- Highly organized, with strong ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and focus on priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with employees and various benefit vendors/broker
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
skills: HRIS, Benefit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.