job summary: HRIS Assistant
Company is an international performance improvement company providing a full spectrum of custom training, engineering, environmental and support services. Copmany is seeking a detail-oriented Human Resources Information Systems Assistant to join its Human Resources Department.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
experience: 1 Years
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform ongoing auditing of confidential information entered into the HRIS system by other HRIS staff, including but not limited to new hires, terminations, and other personnel changes.
- Assist with data entry of confidential information into the HRIS system as well as with maintaining associated records and logs.
- Maintain employee electronic files, to include creating and modifying files as well as filing personnel change and other miscellaneous documents.
- Provide general coverage for the Human Resources phone hotline and respond to or appropriately forward inquiries arriving through the HR mailbox.
- Assist with the processing of unemployment claim information and submission of employment verification data files to external vendor.
- Generate and distribute standard and ad hoc reports and statistical summaries to support organizational needs.
- Provide support with testing and troubleshooting of new system upgrades and installations as well as updating HRIS codes and tables.
- Provide general backup support for HRIS and HR Administration tasks.
- Perform general office duties as required.
To succeed in this position a candidate must have the following:
- High school diploma. Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with web-based HRIS systems - Oracle HCM preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, database software and Windows).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality when working with sensitive information.
Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.