job summary: Benefits Specialist Location:
US-DC-Washington Department Program/ Sub-Program:
HR/HR Department Start date:
ASAP End date: 6/30/19 (might get extended) Full-time / Part-time:
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Description of Duties :
- Serves as point of contact for benefits related inquiries for all Company-US staff.
- Enters/uploads and maintains accurate employee information and records, both manually and across systems.
- Conducts bi-weekly approval and audit of employee benefits selections prior to payroll run, resolving any issues as necessary.
- Conducts new employee benefits orientation for new staff and managers and assists with benefits enrollment as needed. Provides exit information/assistance to departing staff.
- Coordinates the relationship between Company and third-party benefits administrators to ensure smooth functioning of benefit programs.
- Responsible for coding and submission of all invoices related to benefits including monthly consolidated bill and third-party suppliers/vendors.
qualifications: Skills Required Education/Experience :
Skills and Abilities :
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- 4-6 years experience required in compensation and benefits program administration, including experience with FMLA, 403(b), HIPAA, Workers Compensation and other state and federal benefits laws.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to follow-up and meet deadlines.
- Integrity and the ability to work with confidential information with discretion.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
skills: Benefits, Customer Service
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.