job summary: SALES ANALYST
The Sales Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of sales data in an effort to increase overall sales productivity, margins and profitability. The Sales Operations Analyst will create both standardized and custom sales reports, conduct quantitative customer, product and sales analysis, and provide support for sales and business management in terms of data and analysis. The development and tracking of key performance indicators is also a critical task in order to enhance the understanding of the business to improve decision-making. The Sales Operations Analyst also researches and evaluates current economic conditions that may affect the organization's ability to sell its products or services in the marketplace.
The Sales Operations Analyst may also be responsible for managing a number of smaller inside sales accounts as well as being responsible for some marketing communications and training content.
location: Nyack, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Collects data from sales reports for analysis.
- Analyze, evaluate and report data.
- Collect sales records and trends and evaluate performance against sales budget
- Assist management in developing and reviewing the sales budget and sales forecast including sales to budget variances analysis.
- Develops methods and strategies for assessing sales, margin and profitability data.
- Examines company budget.
- Conducts research into competitive companies and the surrounding market and market trends.
- Presents sales reports to company managers and directors.
- Attends and participates in sales strategy meetings.
- Leads informational sessions to explain sales trends.
- Generates ad-hoc reporting of sales, pricing, GM to sales, product management and business management.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of sales forecasting software.
- Possesses knowledge of the industry or market in which he or she is conducting analyses.
- Exhibits ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Speaks confidently and articulately in front of a group.
- Possesses strong math skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to think both analytically and creatively.
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Works well with a team.
- Is capable of translating financial and mathematical jargon into layman's terms for explanatory purposes.
- Possesses strong writing skills.
- Is capable of conducting independent research.
- Demonstrates familiarity with budget software and budget analysis.
- Previous market/sales development or customer service experience is preferred.
- Good human relations skills are required to convince outside companies and those within the organization to dedicate time to accomplish certain activities towards the development of an application or product.
- Capability to assist field sales reps in development and follow up activities with potential or existing customers.
- Enthusiasm, perseverance, and curiosity are essential qualities for success.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree, preferably in chemical engineering, polymer science, or related field from an accredited university/college.
- One to five years of experience in sales or the chemical/plastics industry is a plus
skills: B2B Business to Business
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.