The Corporate Communications Manager for North America is responsible for the development and implementation of the company's regional corporate communications strategy. This position is in charge of managing day-to-day corporate communication deliverables in North America (regional and country-specific for the US and Canada). The position is based in Wilton, Connecticut, and has a dual reporting line to the Global Chief Communication Officer and the Regional Head of HR for North America.
location: Wilton, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Manage media relations (maintaining and developing relationships, drafting/editing/issuing press releases, reactive statements, Q&As, etc.), as applicable.
- Manage relevant country websites and intranet pages in line with the global website strategy, proposing engaging content and updates as needed.
- Develop compelling editorial content for the company's global social media (LDC's blog, Twitter, LinkedIn accounts) and internal (e-newsletter and intranet) channels, and contribute regional content to global external publications (Annual and Sustainability Reports).
- Draft and issue regional internal announcements, working closely with the relevant regional internal stakeholders and the global communications team.
- Coordinate regional roll-out of global internal communication initiatives and campaigns (e.g. Safety Day, IT Security, employee surveys, etc.).
- Develop regional corporate communication materials as needed, including presentations, videos, brochures, factsheets, etc.).
- Coordinate event sponsorships/participation within the region, developing TPs for company spokespeople, and any other relevant supporting materials.
- Prepare briefing papers and talking points for LDC senior managers on North America topics, for example in the context of interviews, key meetings with external stakeholders/officials, visits to NA, etc.
- Ensure crisis communications readiness (e.g. by organizing training for relevant regional stakeholders), and act as the communication lead in the event of a crisis within the region.
- Manage media monitoring for North America.
- BA a must, MBA or advanced degree prefferred
- 5 - 8 years of communications experience, including internal communication, media relations, managing PR agencies.
- Agriculture sector experience is a plus.
- The ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Committed, enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven track record of juggling various priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Fluent English speaker with exceptional writing/storytelling skills.
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to work closely with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in a global organization desirable, and of operating effectively in a matrix organization, balancing multiple stakeholder requirements.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite desirable (particularly PhotoShop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro)
- Experience in managing intranets/websites desirable (SharePoint proficiency preferred)
skills: Advertising, CREATIVE MARKETING
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.