Accounting assistant needed with quickbooks experience and the ability to wear many hats for a small office setting. Great opportunity to grow. This opportunity is located across the street from the Braves Stadium! Let's cut your commute!
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $38,000 - 45,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
This position integrates the skill sets needed for a Bookkeeper/accounting support (50%), HR Administrator (30%), Administrative Assistant/Receptionist/Hospitality (10%), and Customer Support (10%). This role requires a true utility player who feels comfortable taking on new tasks and stepping outside of job descriptions. Bookkeeper/Accounting Support (50%)
HR/Office Administrator (30%)
- Responsible for all banking and accounting functions (posting transactions to QuickBooks (QB), making deposits via a check scanner or in-person if needed, reconciling monthly statements, etc.)
- Conducts weekly AR/AP duties, including paying bills, reviewing bills and invoices for errors and accuracy, processing ACH payments, printing checks, etc.
- Creates weekly and monthly QuickBooks reports for Partners (P&L, Working Capital, and Cash Flow Statements). Creates custom QB reports for Partners upon request.
- Manages all company credit cards - monitors card activity, disputes errors, posts/downloads transactions to QB for tracking, makes payments
- Manage payroll, making changes as needed; review and prepare W2s
- Work closely with CPA in accuracy of QB record-keeping and tax return prep - Federal, State, and Property
- Work with CPA in preparation of all 1099s as needed
- Make quarterly estimated tax payments as directed by CPA
- Monitor customer accounts and invoices for any past due amounts and work with clients and Partners to ensure tracking and collection
- Invoice staff for any personal expenses; reimburse staff for any Triaxia expenses paid for by personal accounts
- File sales tax returns
- Close out each month by conducting invoicing and creating monthly reports to Partners (P&L, Working Capital, Cash Flow Statement, Income Statement, etc.)
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist/Hospitality (10%)
- Administrator for HR benefits (e.g., insurance, 401k, and FLEX accounts)
- Manage insurance coverage and administration (Life, Health, Auto, Workman's Comp, etc.)
- Record keeping; filing; disposing of old files as needed
- Complete audit and compliance tests with insurance provider and 401k
- Track employee PTO, vacation, sick days, etc.
- Communicate with property management about any problems or needs regarding the office property
Customer Support (10%)
- Clean/straighten office and meeting rooms and make them client-ready
- Manage office machines and maintenance
- Answer phones and maintain positive and healthy client and customer relationships; direct calls to other team members
- Secure office supplies (shopping online and in-store as needed)
- Move inventory from storage area to office as needed (books, files, etc.)
- Validate client parking tickets as needed
- Support the office manager and partners in projects, client support, meetings, research, etc., as needed
- Retrieve and distribute mail, secure postage, etc.
- Take and fulfill product orders
- Provide information about products and services and technical help with digital products as needed
- Scan, copy, bind, and ship products and materials as needed
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of recent relevant experience.
- Customer Service friendly
- Independent and can wear many hats.
- Speak and write in English fluently.
- AP/AR and General ledger experience.
- People skills required (management, motivation, training, etc.).
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn new skills and expand responsibilities as the company grows
- Strong customer service orientation
- Process skills required (planning, decision-making, problem solving, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Able to seek out and design solutions to tough challenges without losing motivation or drive
- Able to handle vendors, tech support issues, clients, executives, heavy workloads, and tight deadlines
- Willing to learn new technologies, skills, solutions as needed
- Technical knowledge required (specific product knowledge, law, accounting, processes, industries, etc.):
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Excel (need to create clear examples of what "proficient" means. What reports do we need this person to create/pull?)
- Experience with Sure payroll is a plus
- Chemistry (fit with company) - What specific qualities must this person possess to effectively "fit" with this company?
- Team player - willing to take on tasks that are "outside" one's job description
- Believes in the company's mission:
- To help clients achieve their strategic aspirations through the integration of wise strategy, superior leadership, exceptional levels of teamwork and highly effective organizational design
- ...and our principles:
- Pursue our mission with an uncompromising commitment to excellence, while integrating exemplary values and principles into our daily work activities
- Strive to understand what our clients value as they engage our services and then deliver that value
- Demonstrate professionalism and expertise in achieving client objectives
- Build client relationships characterized by partnership, service, value and, above all, results
- Make character-based decisions on all aspects of clients work, always putting the client's interests above those of the firm.
- This includes always providing truthful, principle-based feedback to clients
- Be uncompromising in our quality standards
- Cheerful and warm demeanor
- A servant's heart
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.