job summary: HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST JOB SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE
Performs professional level duties related to Human Resources, including responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, recruitment, compliance, leave administration, benefits administration and events/recognition. Assists the Director of Human Resources to ensure operational effectiveness and exceptional customer service to the employee population of company.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
location: Accokeek, Maryland
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Partners with employees and management to administer and communicate various Human Resources plans, policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual. Ensures legal and ethical compliance with state and federal laws.
- Conducts recruitment of exempt, non-exempt personnel and temporary employees.
- Maintains accurate and timely job postings. Scheduling and conducting interviews, conducts new hire screening, background checks, all aspects of onboarding and orientation.
- Responsible for completion and accuracy of all personnel files, including I-9's. Conducts audits as needed and/or directed.
- Assists in development and evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Facilitates the implementation of systems, programs, tools and processes designed to improve management and employee performance, productivity, engagement and business results.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records with accuracy and timeliness. Compiles reports and trends analytical data. Maintain applicant filing system and records in accordance with Affirmative Action Programs.
- Maintain the Affirmative action statistics. Provide quarterly logs of termination, applicants, promotions, training also provide quarterly activity logs on efforts taken to improve applicant base as stipulated in the Affirmative Action Plan. Assist in preparing the annual plan.
- Complete the annual reporting requirements for EEO-1 and Vets-100.
- Coordinates employee recognition programs and events.
- Assists Director of HR with special projects as assigned.
- Able to multi-task, communicate progress and meet deadlines.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Ability to perform occasional travel; local and within the U.S. and to other locations.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 40 lbs.
- Strong P.C. skills
- Knowledge of HRIS systems (i.e. ADP Workforce Now).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Communicate with all levels of employees.
- Bachelor's degree required
- PHR certification preferred
- 3-5 years Human Resources experience in a Generalist role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with emphasis on Employee Relations, Recruitment and Benefits Administration.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.