job summary: Description :
The human resource director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Specific Duties and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for the daily administration of human resource functions including but not limited to Payroll Processing, Benefits Administration and negotiation, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Professional Development, Workforce Planning, Employee Relations and Staff Teambuilding Events.
- Annually reviews, administrates and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of company's policies, procedures and practices on all employment matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organizations compliance.
- Stays current with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations as they relate to employment matters.
- Communicates changes in organizations employment policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Designs and manages the organizations wage and salary program; assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of employee wage and salary program.
- Coordinates or conducts onboarding and off boarding processes and coaches and directs supervisors regarding employee discipline.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets organizational employment information needs.
- Develops and manages annual human resources department budget.
- Occasional night/weekend work required to meet deadlines, attend Committee and Board meetings, and to assist at company events.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
qualifications: Required Skills, Education and Experience :
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management and/or 5 to 10 years' related human resource management experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Human Resource certification preferred; PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP; HR Management Certification
- Exceptional organization, prioritization and leadership skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Acts as a role model within and outside the organization
- Lift and move boxes, supplies and equipment up to 20-30lbs.
- Will experience prolonged sitting and speaking on the phone.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.