Our client in the Marietta area is looking for a Director of Payroll to lead a large payroll department.
location: Kennesaw, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Directs the activities of the payroll services and decision support teams and the respective employees.
- Develops all tasks needed to accomplish the organization's payroll processing objectives, including relationships with internal and external auditors
- Oversee payroll for 8000 employees
- 7 direct reports
- Main contact for SQL-related strategies for the data analyst
- Assist with fiscal year-end audit requests
- Design, code, test, and troubleshoot SQL queries
- Develop procedures relating to payroll functions
- Direct and mentor the decision support analyst and assist in career growth and training
- Extract and analyze data for special projects as assigned by leadership or other campus executives
- Balance and approve quarterly and annual payroll tax balances, 941s and W-2 data
- 8+ years of Payroll experience, 5+ years in Management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related
- Master's degree preferred
- Peoplesoft Human Capital Management software needed
- Strong Excel
Client is ready to to hire this month.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.