Our client seeks a CORPORATE ACCOUNTING MANAGER to work principally from its Coral Gables office, and report directly to the Chief Treasure & Accounting Officer of North America. The ideal candidate for the organization will have a desire to increase their knowledge or accounting while seeking to grow within a thriving environment that works to promote from within. A candidate having been a Senior Auditor in a "Big 4" audit firm/Sr. Auditor experience is a must. Candidates applying for the position must have already obtained CPA designation; no exception for CPA candidates as this is a high-level position within the corporate office.
The selected Corporate Accounting Manager will be responsible for creating, maintaining and reviewing Financial and Accounting reports and providing strategic analysis related to the Company's projects; therefore, accounting experience with some financial reporting experience will be necessary to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. These are key elements that will assist in the success of this position.
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Oversee the accounting functions to generate financial statements;
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and will prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs; analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses;
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual/year-end statements and/or reports in addition to the corporate financial statements, business activity reports, forecasts, budgets, as required by regulatory agencies and board of directors;
- Prepares and/or manages the reconciliation and analyses of all general ledger accounts;
- Prepare analysis of accrual accounts, actual results vs. budgets and prior periods;
- Manages the preparation of reports and schedules for annual audit;
- Manage accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P) operations;
- Assists with various projects and administrative aspects of the business;
- Will maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards; will ensure that all accounting transactions are conducted in compliance with state and federal requirements;
- Ensure security and confidentiality of data and information;
- Ensures that all accounting records are maintained in compliance with Company policies, procedures, quality standards, contractual requirements, etc.;
- Will develop and/or maintain relationships with all tax, banking and insurance companies as required within the accounting department;
- Ability to sustain and maintain positive relationships with all internal staff and external vendors while projecting a professional image and representing the Company's Culture;
- Provide the necessary reporting, including plans, budgets, comparative analyses, and ad-hoc analyses, as required;
- Provide accounting related consultative support on business initiatives through analyses, reporting, recommendations; and effectively working as part of the Accounting team by responding to all requests as assigned by the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis;
- Assist the CTO (and other members of the management) on any other required business matters;
- Manage subordinate members within accounting department;
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, professional and corporate environment is a MUST!
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sr. auditing experience is a Must!
- CPA is a Must!
- Ideally; 3-5 years of experience and knowledge;
- Strong understanding of Accounting, GAAP and IFRS;
- Knowledge and ability to work with foreign currency and exchange rates (US, Canada, Spain);
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree is required; with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar;
- Must have strong accounting, auditing and reporting focus with the ability to provide in depth analysis;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is a MUST!
- Intermediate/Strong professional knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is a MUST!
- Flexibility and capacity to work under time pressure and constraints;
- Motivated, organized, and innovative with the ability to take initiative;
- The ideal candidate must possess the skills to lead without bureaucracy or a very large staff - a "roll up your sleeves and get the job done" attitude is a Must!
Ability to speak, read, and write, English is a MUST!
skills: Contract Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.