job summary: Built on 30 years of expertise, Randstad Professionals provides specialized recruiting services to a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small and mid-sized businesses spanning multiple industries.
This is a full-time employment career opportunity in the Baltimore County, Maryland area.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
In this role, the Senior Information Security Engineer will be responsible for:
- Planning and implementing information security technologies (threat detection, firewalls, anti-virus, scanners, data leakage prevention, intrusion prevention, etc.)
- Ensuring information security practices meet company standards and comply with regulations; this includes recommending necessary process changes regarding networks, systems, datacenters, telephony, applications, etc.
- Enforcing information security policies across systems and platforms
- Researching and recommending software and hardware to eliminate exposure to risk
- Leading Information Security Development, QA, and testing procedures to allow for secure delivery of satisfactory deliverables
- Conducting tests of the company's information security architecture and designs
- Overseeing reviews of information security incidents to determine root causes, including conducting investigations and sharing findings
- Communicating with third parties regarding development and support difficulties
- Coordinating with IT team members to overcome information security issues in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.
- CISSP certification preferred
- 5+ years of security engineering experience, particularly with systems, networks, operations, and databases
Candidates should understand and have a proven track record with the following:
- Developing and supporting complex security processes
- OWASP and AWS
- Windows, Unix, and Linux system administration
- Web applications and Secure SDLC
- Creating technical documentation and maps
- Programming, scripting, engineering, and networking experience required
- Experience automating tasks and manipulating data via scripting is preferred
Click to apply now, or for more information regarding this role, contact Adam Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time, our client is only able to consider candidates that are legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.