job summary: POSTION DESCRIPTION
The HR Administrative Assistant position joins a large company on the Eastside and provides dedicated support to the Human Resources Department to support their growth. The HR Administrative Assistant performs diversified clerical and administrative support to one or more functional areas within Human Resources.
location: Bothell, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supports the functions of the HR Director, Benefits Manager, and HR Generalist in multiple administrative areas.
- Records employee information such as personal data, compensation, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason directly into HR databases, such as Spectrum.
- Keeps the HR system up-to-date and accurate
- Updates employee files, electronic, to document personnel actions and provides information for payroll administration, audits, and employee management
- Assists with filing of HR records and I-9 documentation management
- Assist with employee data requests as they relate to Department of Transportation Driver Qualification Files
- Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; requesting legal counsel review.
- Processes Verification of Employment Requests and Verification of Income Requests
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons
- Responds to inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures and programs
- Supports department goals, objectives, and HR processes and systems
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports for internal use, as well as third party vendors, as requested and authorized
- Assists with the administrative tasks related to onboarding and termination of employees
qualifications: JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 1-3 years of HR experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 programs
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Good organizational, planning and follow up skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Able to build relationships cross functionally
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high level of professionalism and composure
skills: Benefit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.