job summary: Built on 30 years of expertise, Randstad Professionals provides specialized recruiting services to a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small and mid-sized businesses spanning multiple industries.
This is a full-time employment career opportunity with a company in the Howard County, Maryland area.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 99,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 5 Years
In this role, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing hardware and software support, including but not limited to servers, virtual machines, routers, switches, firewalls, access points, desktops, and laptops
- Building, deploying, and supporting lab environments
- Diagnosing network, system, and security issues and making appropriate recommendations
- Maintaining a disaster recovery plan for networks and systems to ensure it may be implemented when needed
- Serving as a project team lead to upgrade user experiences and increase efficiency, including researching technologies for implementation
- Assisting with on-call support as needed
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Networking, Information Systems, or similar field preferred
- At least 5 years of recent experience administering Linux Systems and TCP/IP networking in a production environment
Candidates should understand and have a proven track record with the following:
- TCP/IP routing and switching
- Linux administration (RHCE or equivalent experience strongly preferred)
- Cloud platforms, virtualization, configuration management
- Facilitating relationships with users/customers
Click to apply now, or for more information regarding this role, contact AJ Kuhn at firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time, our client is only able to consider candidates that are eligible to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.