job summary: Enterprise Systems Engineer - Global Accounts Based in Chicago metro area near ORD since there will be some international travel. Will be working with the Sales rep that is based out of Chicago as well. Initially may be working heavily with European countries... so have a passport.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Their product offering is NOT just another bolt-on but rather it's a pure best-of-breed solution. They're a competitive firm in a competitive environment so they expect hard work and they're open about it from the beginning - work ethic and a driven for success personality is key.
qualifications: Requirements and other stuff:
Salary range $125K-$145K+ w/OTE of $170K-$195K+ based on experience.
- 3-5+ years of Pre sales Systems Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years' experience supporting enterprise customers with complex LAN/WAN environments
- Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies, expertise with general routing/switching, routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP), campus and data center architectures
- Deep understanding of TCP
- Experience supporting Firewalls, Load Balancers and WAN Optimization would be very helpful
- Experience with APIs and Programmability
- Operational understanding of Enterprise Apps and Security (IPSEC, PKI, traditional overlay VPN technologies)
- Experience with SaaS, IaaS (AWS, GCP, Azure), virtualization and hypervisors including VMware vSphere, MS Hyper-V, KVM
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills across L1-L7, including the use of packet sniffers, on platform diagnostics
- Ability to travel extensively - probably around 75%
- Ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound
If this fits your background and skills, let's chat ASAP.
A resume is the best way to get the conversation started... fire away!
Thanks, Greg "OldSalesGuy" Bennett Senior Executive Recruiter
Sales, Marketing, Ops & C-Suite
919-294-3255 Email: Greg.Bennett@RandstadUSA.com
skills: Account Management, B2B Business to Business
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.