job summary: Built on 30 years of expertise, Randstad Professionals provides specialized recruiting services to a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small and mid-sized businesses spanning multiple industries.
This is a full-time employment career opportunity with a company in the Baltimore, Maryland area.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
In this role, the Quantitative Developer will be responsible for:
- Creating and updating prototypes and temporary solutions for research applications and financial models
- Developing solutions and code libraries to promote the company's financial research processes, typically without clearly defined specifications
- Reviewing and suggesting tools, datasets, and processes to counteract difficulties
- Collaborating with developers to refine temporary solutions and determine which are fit for migration to a production environment
- Producing specifications for migrated solutions
- Encouraging analysts and fellow associates to follow current best practices, including providing mentorship and sharing programming techniques
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Graduate degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience developing applications and software
- Splus, Matlab, Python, R, SQL Databases
Candidates should understand and have a proven track record with the following:
- Working with large, complex sets of data
- Fundamentals of computer science
- Modern application design
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Web service architectures
- Web frontends, frameworks, visualization packages
- Leading projects as well as small- to mid-sized teams
Click to apply now, or for more information regarding this role, contact Adam Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time, our client is only able to consider candidates that are legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.