One of our Clients, a well-established tech firm employing over 1,000 individuals, and offering customized cloud-based solutions primarily to retailers and other service providers across the nation, is looking for driven Sales Consultants to join their team in Minneapolis. This company has grown for 74 quarters straight, and they experienced a 13% growth rate in 2018.
Our Client is not necessarily looking for candidates who have a tech background (they have employees who have done really well even though they had a background in education, sold insurance or worked at a liquor store!) This means that this Client is looking for self-motivated, driven candidates who have a go-getter attitude and who are coachable
Their only requirement when it comes to sales experience is: having at least 1 year of quota carrying sales experience.
Besides, they offer a career track to their employees - I know: a lot of companies claim that they do just that but end up falling short. In this case, you would move into a Strategic Sales role within 2-3 years prior to moving into a sales leadership role. Something else worth mentioning is that this Company has long-tenured employees and leaders, which also speaks to how they treat their personnel!
From a compensation standpoint, you are looking at a base salary in the low 40's + variable + bonus accelerator structure & full benefits. Since the selected candidate would be inheriting a book of business, they would be able to generate an average of $35K in commissions based on that existing business only - which is not too shabby. OTE year 1 should reach between $80 and $100K depending on the candidate's performance. The highest paid Sales Executive there makes $180K per year (and has obviously been working for them for a few years!)
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 44,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: The Day-to-Day
- Managing a defined sales territory, which consists of identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities.
- Effectively execute your pipeline, using Salesforce.com to document and track account activity.
- Drive a value-based sales process from identifying the relevant contact and decision maker within an account, understanding their needs, proposing a solution, and closing the deal such that you meet/exceed quota.
- Collaborating with an account team to understand existing SPS relationships to get warm introductions to the appropriate contacts.
- Working to maintain customer satisfaction- responding to customers in a timely matter and making sure the customer has proper training scheduled with support teams.
. What skills and experience do I need?
- Bachelor's degree + 2 years of work experience OR some post-secondary education + 5 years of work experience.
- 2+ years of sales experience,minimum of 1 year in a commission-based hunter sales role.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer engagement/support skills.
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate (both oral and written) business issues and technical information to individuals with varied levels of expertise.
- Leadership skills reflective of an entrepreneurial and innovative thought process.
skills: Business Development, Inside Sales, Customer Relations, Customer Relationship Management, Customer Service, Account Management, Customer support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.