We are working with a leading manufacturer of commercial plumbing systems and they are searching for a Director of Human Resources in the NW suburbs of Chicago! As a key member of the Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT), the Director of HR provides leadership between all union and non-union manufacturing plants to achieve strategic, financial and operational goals within the context and alignment of the business objectives and HR initiatives.
location: Franklin Park, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 15 Years
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Engages with the other HRLT members to develop, implement and manage company-wide HR initiatives, programs, and projects, while ensuring alignment with the overall corporate strategy.
- Identifies synergies and integrates best practices across plant locations to improve and optimize common and shared talent processes and solutions.
- Functions as a business partner with a sound understanding and application of business and financial acumen.
- Sponsors and supports in the design and implementation of recruitment, training and development, performance management and talent retention efforts at all levels of the organization.
- Coaches, develops, and manages direct team members to build organizational capability and provide future opportunities to advance and/or expand job scope.
- Evolves and directs employee relations policies and practices to determine necessary actions to comply with new, updated or changing employment related legislation that abides by the law, while preserving the company culture.
- Provides direction and guidance regarding employment issues including but not limited to corrective action, grievance resolution and other labor/employee relations matters.
- Actively partners with leadership to assist with union negotiations and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements including participation in grievance proceedings.
- Acts as a key-trusted advisor to the organization by staying abreast of best practices and industry trends while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, including influencing, facilitation, relationship building and communication.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field. MBA or Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive HR experience, with HR generalist expertise and leading HR in multi-site locations.
- Broad employee/labor relations experience necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong collaborative relationships to gain support to achieve goals.
- Strong conflict resolution and performance management skill-set.
- Comprehensive knowledge and applicable experience with compliance regulations and requirements.
Interested in learning more? Please contact Bridget Janso at email@example.com for more information!
skills: Human Resources, unions
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.