job summary: Senior Financial Analyst
This position is responsible for implementing the special offer contract new/renewal process in support of the marketing segments.
This involves frequent communication with personnel from several functional areas, especially CVM management, Sales and Account Management (SAM), Contracts Counsel (CCM/Legal), Strategic Marketing, SAM Finance, New Product Development, Order Fulfillment, Product & Pricing Services, Commissions and Billing.
This position provides reporting and analysis relating to contract performance, competitive win-loss reporting, and other ad hoc analysis as requested by Finance/Strategic Marketing management.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 42.17 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Implement the special offer contract new/renewal process, including the gathering of account-level information in cooperation with SAM, reviewing special offer performance data to determine which segment strategies and programs are most likely to lead to successful renewal, and working through implementation issues with Order Fulfillment and Product & Pricing Service to ensure appropriate account set-up and billing. You will also act as a resource for determining new processes as additional programs and initiatives are launched.
- Work with Strategic Marketing to develop and implement pricing/content programs that lead to optimal contract sales and renewals. This includes providing feedback about the current market environment, implementing segment programs, and working through implementation issues as programs are expanded and fine-tuned to fit market needs.
- Assist SAM in the sale and renewal of special offer contracts. This involves analyzing usage/revenue trends, customer content needs, and market pricing trends and contracting needs. You will also be responsible for maintaining a contract management database, which houses information about contract terms and provides data for monthly financial reporting and ensures adherence to SOX reporting and compliance.
- Act as an adviser to various groups regarding the performance and direction of special offer contracts. This includes training certain groups about the types of contracts we write, how programs related to special offer contracts are intended to work, and how the special offer process works generally. You will also be a key resource for special offer reporting and analysis.
- Identify opportunities for improving special offer processes and performance, and take on additional projects as assigned by lead/ manager.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or other relevant major required; MBA and/or knowledge of legal industry is a plus.
- 5-8 years experience in a Finance and/or contract pricing environment.
- Proven experience in financial accounting, management accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, planning, forecasting and management reporting.
- Detail orientated with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written, oral, analytical and technical skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results.
- Proven experience in use and application of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
skills: Legal Finance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.