job summary: Built on 30 years of expertise, Randstad Professionals provides specialized recruiting services to a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small and mid-sized businesses spanning multiple industries.
The Senior Systems Engineer will have responsibility for network infrastructure and radio telecommunications, as well as the implementation of contract requirements and project subsystems. This includes overseeing engineering teams in support of system design/integration and factory/customer acceptance testing.
This is a full-time employment career opportunity with a company in the Howard County, Maryland area.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 5 Years
In this role, the Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Serving as the lead engineer and overseeing the design and implementation of network architectures, hardware solutions, and communications systems
- Developing solution and system architecture documentation based upon requirements from customers
- Reviewing system performance and integrating security measures, maintenance, and other troubleshooting as necessary
- Proprietary engineering and integration of hardware, software, telecommunications, and network solutions
- Supporting maintenance, go-live, acceptance testing, and system design activities for such solutions
- Acting as a manager and coordinating lower-level engineers
- Participating in an on-call rotation and providing Tier 2/3 support to customers
- Occasional travel may be required
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems OR equivalent experience with IT and telecommunications software and hardware
- 5-10 years of experience integrating, deploying, and supporting complex hardware/software systems
- Cisco and Microsoft certifications preferred
Candidates should understand and have a proven track record with the following:
- Operating systems (Linux, Windows 7/10, Windows Server)
- Networking and routing technologies
- Network analysis tools (Wireshark, Ethereal)
- Telecommunications, both digital and analog (T1, VoIP Gateways, ISDN, TDM, POTS)
- Telecommunications test tools (T1 Analyzer, Transmission Test Set, Channel Measuring Set)
- Supporting highly available systems
- Bug tracking systems (JIRA, Redmine, TRAC, BugTraq)
Click to apply now, or for more information regarding this role, contact Luke Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time, our client is only able to consider candidates that are legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
skills: MS Windows
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.