The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company. Successful candidate must have 5+ years in Construction accounting/finance.
Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll. Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company's performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Files quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
skills: Contract Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.