An international shipping and logistics company is seeking a Benefits Specialist to assist with open enrollment. This person will be responsible for the analysis and monitoring the administration and delivery of benefit plans, leave, and wellness programs, including vendor service.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 7 Years
- Responsible for day-to-day vendor management.
- Must work to ensure best participant experience, ensure quality measures are in place and test such quality measures, internal and external control checks/monitoring, and system testing/requirements amongst other items as designated.
- Create and track project plan for all vendor management activities and projects for the year
- Assists as needed with implementation of employee programs such as open enrollment.
- Assist with ongoing ACA compliance including the production of the annual 1095 statements and 1094B filings.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of company benefits, leaves, and wellness initiatives including vendor management.
- Documents and maintains plan administration guidelines and procedures consistent with legal requirements and sound business practices.
- Administers employee benefit programs including enrollment, billing, claim resolution, education, and electronic processes. Distribute written and verbal communications to educate and inform employees of benefits programs. Maintain documents related to benefit programs.
- Responds to employee questions resolve claim processing issues and counsels employees
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 7+ Years of Experience
- Health and Welfare plan education
- Experience working with or managing an outsourced Leaves Programs
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce is a PLUS!
- Advanced MS Office experience including Excel.
- Attention to detail and strong follow through
- Superior customer service skills and ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Experience in administering Health and Welfare plans, Leaves programs, Wellness Programs
- Ability to solve complex problems and interpret complex regulations as they relate to business processes and benefits issues
skills: Benefits, Vendor Relations, Insurance, Pension, Leaves
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.