Well-established company that has been around for over 100 years, 100 percent employee owned, with a culture centered around collaboration, integrity, passion, excellence, and always looking to better the communities where they live and work. They focus on construction and innovation in a diverse array of markets such as education, healthcare, hospitality, multi-family residential buildings, and much more.
Looking for a candidate who has the skills and knowledge to work in a HR Generalist capacity (3+ years) and wants to work in a "back-office" environment. This role is part of the company's Corporate HR Operations team whose primary function is to support Company-wide HR programs, which includes implementing and managing new and updated programs, policies, etc.; providing our regional HR teams with the tools and guidance to successfully maintain these programs within their teams, as well as be a resource to help our regional HR teams be successful in their roles. Location: Concord Salary: 85-95K, depending on experience.
location: Concord, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Primary administrator for Company's background screening program
- Oversee Affirmative Action Plan annual updates and OFCCP communications
- Oversee, manage, and actively participate in Company's I-9 self-audit process, as well as assist in preparation of I-9s during DHS/ICE audits
- Direct HR Operations in managing file archives, storage, and record purging processes per required retention policy
- With Corporate HR Manager, review and manage Company's Client Mandate program which includes reviewing client contract through preparing protocol for regional HR teams to implement and manage
- Backup Substance Abuse DER communicator for all regions as necessary
- Primary administrator of Company's EVerify program; as well as monitor and follow up on incomplete or unauthorized EVerify results
- Maintain LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and Company jobs email accounts, including responding to or triaging reviews, inquires etc.
- Support regional HR teams as needed (such as conduct new hire onboarding and orientation program, enter transactions into Workday, assist with termination process, etc.)
- Triage general employee inquiries by directing them to appropriate regional HR, Benefits or Payroll teams
- Actively participate in training programs for new HR team members to ensure knowledge transfer of procedures, protocols, WD business processes, etc.
- Monitor and successfully execute Company's immigration sponsorship program (such as preparing visa filings, PERM processes, and other immigration needs)
- Manage and successfully execute all annual EEO-I, VET 4212, and other government and industry specific survey/reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- Stay abreast to current federal, state and case law changes and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR, and notify Corporate HR Manager of these changes
- Drive recurring Company-wide EEO/OFCCP Self ID campaign every 5 years
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Review subpoena responses prior to release to requesting party
- Oversee Preferred Drivers Program in conjunction with Fleet Safety Program
- Assist with Workday records' corrections, audits, testing, etc.
qualifications: Must have: experience with immigration visas, I-9 (75% of the day to day is taking over these duties). Minimum Skills Or Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, AA degree or equivalent training or experience; college degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of HR generalist experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office and HRIS systems.
- Prior payroll, accounting or HRIS experience a plus.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures and office machines
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Accurate attention to detail and good organizational skills - Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with all levels of employees and outside vendors - Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including professional telephone and email manner
- Professional demeanor. Reliability, dependability and flexibility If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you!
skills: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.