job summary: Business Development Representative
Seeking exceptionally driven, experienced strategic sales professionals to advance market position and gain new manufacturing and non-manufacturing customers while achieving individual growth target goals. In this hunter role, you will tap your superior skills in prospecting, problem solving and negotiation to proactively uncover customers' unidentified needs and propose how our products and services can help enhance their company performance. You will call on C-Suite leadership, managers and directors by following a prescriptive sales methodology and strategically develop a pipeline of future business.
location: Wood Dale, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $57,500 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
experience: 0 Years
We arm you with the tools and support to be successful and go after new business.
- Identify, research, qualify, pursue, sign and transition targeted mid-size accounts.
- Develop value-based proposals and other content to communicate value, strengthen prospect-relationship and senior-level networks with customers.
- Apply your financial, market, and solution knowledge to sell semi-complex accounts, using account-planning and sales-enablement tools.
- Maintain a robust funnel capable of delivering incremental revenue at or above annual goals, including highly accurate and complete funnel analytics demonstrating a strategic ownership of business.
- Propose and secure new agreements in sizes averaging $200,000-500,000 by contacting the appropriate management and decision makers within the prospect organization and leveraging insight-selling concepts, tools and value-proposition content.
- Respond to Requests for Information and Proposal, negotiating pricing and terms of new account agreements to maximize revenue and profit and minimize risk.
- Develop and communicate newly signed account agreements to support implementation and ensure rapid, complete penetration and revenue growth of those agreements.
- Work with field and customer support leadership to meet customer needs, drive compliance to forecasted sales thresholds and clearly communicate and document customer service level expectations, addressing shortfalls as needed.
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude toward initiatives and programs that meet customer needs.
The results-driven entrepreneurial leader and dynamic communicator we seek should have these qualifications.
- Demonstrated business-acquisition sales success, negotiation, prospecting, relationship building and closing skills and techniques, with a track record of meeting and exceeding agreed-upon sales plans
- Persuasive presentation abilities and a strong talent for writing clear proposals and reports
- Analytical aptitude, with the ability to make quick, calculated decisions and recommendations
- Personal drive and motivation, including competitive spirit, ability to overcome obstacles, strong sense of accountability, action orientation, flexibility and situational adaptability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of online transactional sales and business, benefits and features
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
- Experience with value-based sales methodologies preferred
skills: Business Development, Contract Negotiation, Prospecting/Lead Generation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.