job summary: OVERVIEW
An industry leading health insurance consulting firm, located in Gaithersburg, MD, is seeking a new General Counsel to join their thriving practice. The firm specializes in insurance cost containment - helping their clients maximize savings on medical claims. The ideal candidate is a seasoned General Counsel attorney with experience managing transactional matters, overseeing regulatory compliance, and managing legal personnel. The firm is particularly looking for a candidate with the kind of entrepreneurial spirit, that aligns with the company's ambitious and goal oriented attitude.
location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Law Degree
experience: 3 Years
- Analyzing, drafting and negotiating contracts and other transactional matters
- Regulatory research and analysis, as well as internal compliance oversight and implementation
- Manage all internal legal personnel and operate as point of contact between CEO and legal team
- Manage litigation matters, including hiring/overseeing outside counsel
- Barred in the State of Maryland with 3+ years of practice experience
- Previous legal, health insurance (ERISA or Medicare), and/or health care medical\legal with some litigation experience required.
- Finance background and good mathematical skills preferred
- Graduate degree above a JD preferred
- Must be a leader and able to lead others
- Willing to do what needs to be done and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
skills: Healthcare Law
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.