Under minimal guidance, The Manager, Talent Management will develop and manage talent strategies and programs including the areas of talent planning, leadership development, talent assessments, succession plans, and performance management. The Manager, Talent Management will be accountable for ongoing needs assessments will work to ensure leaders are supported in building sustainable talent pipelines. This role will partner with the HR Business Partners and business leaders to deliver data-driven talent solutions that are efficient, effective, flexible, and easy to use. This position will integrate, design, develop, deliver, and implement the broad array of integrated talent management and development solutions to help the organization retain and grow talent to achieve current and future strategic needs.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the sourcing, implementation, and customization of leadership development initiatives ensuring they are aligned and integrated to support talent management and ever-changing business objectives
- Develops and manages external consultants and vendors to plan and coordinate talent development and management programs and solutions. Maintains contracts, ensures quality and effectiveness of programs that are repeatable, sustainable and cost effective.
- Establishes and owns talent acquisition management best practices, processes and tools
- Solves complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions where change is needed
- Leads the identification, development, and implementation of broad recruitment strategies that address short and long-term staffing requirements.
- Execute a robust faculty and staff hiring process that is consistent, repeatable, verifiable, scalable, and visible to the enterprise
- Develop and implement a robust direct sourcing strategy to ensure candidate pipelines are developed and maintained including the recommendation and implementation of new sourcing methods
- Serve as the executive talent acquisition partner
- Stimulate time to fill, interview to placement ratio, and cost per hire
- Monitor the maintenance and effective utilization of the internal resume tracking system
- Ensure company compliance with staffing policies and procedures as well as employment laws and regulations
- Effectively manage, coach, and develop team members.
- May work with leadership to manage the recruitment budget and invoice payments as it pertains to hiring expenditures to include background checks, print and on-line advertising, search firm fees, etc.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time t
qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- 8 to 10 years of related experience required
- 2+ years of management experience required
- BA/BS in HR, Business, I/O Psychology, or another related field required
- MBA or MA/MS preferred
- Change Management and/or Project Management certifications a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Experience designing, implementing, and evaluating talent management and talent acquisition programs
- Experience communicating and interacting with executive management
- Seasoned knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Strong interpersonal abilities and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and changes business and departmental initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
skills: Communication, Executive Search, Talent Acquisition
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.