Utilizes core marketing competencies to assist in the development and implementation of overall business and marketing strategy and action plans. Assists in the development and execution of strategies and plans that ensure long term sustainable growth of the business. Coordinates effective development and/or execution of shorter-range / medium projects, as assigned. Prioritizes, forecasts, schedules, and coordinates resources within assigned projects. Conducts decision support analysis tasks.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Connection: Leverages the execution of defined strategies and plans that ensure long term sustainable growth of the business.
- Synthesizes data and intuition on all areas of the business and leverages this understanding to support identification and innovation of business building solutions
- Insights and Analytics: For assigned projects, utilizes Customer Insights & Analytics experts and tools to understand market, competitor and customer needs and behavior and assist with forecasting same; assists with definition of appropriate target audiences, evaluating sufficiency, and effectively driving results with data based decisions
- Participates in a learning culture
- Branding: Supports brand management within area of responsibility, including the development and delivery of the On Your Side Experience to all stakeholders driving customer value (solutions and experience)
- Ensures consistency of the 'brand experience' for all customers (end-users and intermediaries), considering company values and legal/compliance requirements
- Marketing Communications: Helps to develop communications plans and their implementation, including creation of the brand experience via superior Marketing Communications
- Assists in the development, testing and evaluation (via market metrics) of all marketing within area of responsibility
- Utilizes personal verbal and written communication skills in both internal and external presentations and communications
- Marketing Capabilities: Contributes to the development of increased Marketing Capability both within the team and across the Marketing organization. Also helps other functions understand the role of Marketing in driving the business
- Takes steps to grow own personal capabilities to proficient or advanced levels
- Organization Management: Assists with project management; participates on teams to accomplish specific goals; contributes to training and development for self and others; assists with workflow and organizational planning
- Project Coordination: Engages with marketing and creative team via leading project meetings, making project status presentations, and analysis of project results.
- Coordinates all aspects that support marketing campaigns and other marketing communications projects
- Maintains up to date project information; monitors project deadlines, timelines and checkpoints; provides project reporting and measurement; and tracks project budget, work plans, administration and logistics
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate level studies in marketing, business administration or related field helpful
- Designations/ Certifications/ Licenses: Technical insurance designations such as CPCU, CLU, ChFC, FLMI considered a plus. Additional licensing may be required to hold this position. Associates must obtain the required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position
- In-depth knowledge of marketing methodologies, insurance and/or financial services products, distribution systems, and customers
- Possesses verbal and written skills needed to develop and review research studies, communicate research findings, market recommendations based on findings, develop and negotiate contracts/service agreements with internal contacts, manage market planning projects, and manage relationships
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects
- Ability to function independently or in a team environment with supervision and guidance
- Ability to operate a personal computer and advanced business software.
skills: Branding/Product Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.