This position is responsible for selling products per the division's sales strategy by generating new business and increasing business with existing accounts!
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Primarily focus on increasing sales of colored filter glass, optical glass and specialty glass materials
- Maintaining and growing current customer accounts
- Develop new sales by targeted customer research and cold calling
- Maintain a clear record of the progress of all customer contact
- Prepare and present quotations
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales goals
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment - must be a team player
- This is a travel-intensive position. Must be willing and capable of significant domestic and occasional international travel.
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of outside sales ("hunter") experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication is necessary, a second language is a plus.
- Negotiating, closing and organization skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external resources to generate results
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract concrete variables.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
skills: Business Development, Outside Sales, Closing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.