Are you a people person who has a passion for the tech industry? Do you have at least 2 years of successful B2B outside sales experience selling either a product or a service? And, does the idea of selling customizable cybersecurity solutions to mid- and large-size companies located in the greater Wausau, WI area sound appealing to you?
If so, our Client may want to speak with you!
The Client that we represent is a privately-held tech firm that has been in business for 60+ years, employs well over 100 employees who generated $114M in sales last year. Their IT network services division is looking for a Sales Consultant to join their team in Wausau, WI. The focus of this position is to provide an extensive array of managed security solutions and backup services to companies involved in various verticals located in a sales territory stretching from Wausau to northern Wisconsin.
The selected candidate will report directly to our Client's Director of Sales who has been working for this Company for over a decade.
What sets this opportunity apart from other Outside Sales roles in the tech space? Amazingly enough, this position does NOT require a tech background but an ability to build long-lasting relationships with customers to understand their pain points and develop a long-term cybersecurity solution that is customized to their needs. Needless to say that a consultative rather than a transactional approach to the sales process is going to be critical for success in this role!
Besides, being able to learn enough about the tech side of the business fairly quickly to get a basic understanding of your customers' IT infrastructure needs is going to be necessary to do well in this position. However, a Sales Engineer would join you on calls where more technical questions would be asked, so you can focus on closing the sale.
This position comes with a base salary + commissions + car allowance and full benefits (including med/den/vis & a 401k plan) & offers a career track. In terms of OTE, you should be able to clear $100K within 2 years or sooner!
Interested in learning more about this role? Please send us a copy of your resume and let us know when would be a good day and time for us to connect with you via phone!
location: Wausau, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4,9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Develops sales targets and strategies with the help of the Director of Sales, and ensure to meet or exceed them
- Reports to Director of Sales with all progress, including progress of completing sales targets
- Use initiatives to source new clients, including following leads, building a referral network, visiting potential clients and giving sales presentations
- Attends conferences and functions to promote EO Johnson Managed IT Services and prepare and deliver presentations when possible
- Gives accurate advice to potential and current customers regarding our Managed IT Services, offering a range of solutions appropriate to the client's needs
- Demonstrates professional knowledge of Managed IT Services
- Succinctly express competitive advantages
- Works under pressure, and efficiently, within time constraints
- Self-starter with motivation to constantly improve and meet short and long term goals
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree in business, sales, marketing or 4 years equivalent work experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2 plus years of Business to Business consultative sales experience selling business technology products and services
- Proven record of sales success
- Formal sales training a plus
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Intermediate skill level in understanding computer networks and business technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and any other standard software related to Sales & Marketing
- Excellent communication skills as much of the job involves presentations, conferences and other sales activities
- Willingness to learn about how our products and services work
- Desire to learn about the industry sector you sell to
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and high energy level
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to grow and adapt to change
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Demonstrate company values, including a high level of professionalism in every aspect of conducting business (i.e. dress, groom, communicate)
- This position requires driving regularly
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Maintains a good driving record
skills: Account Management, Commission, B2B Business to Business
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.