We are looking for a Communications & Marketing Coordinator to be part of a tight-knit creative team that develops informative, eye catching and inspiring written and visual communications, marketing materials, campaigns and events.
Ideal candidates will have strong writing and copy editing experience; be able to bring stories to life through strategic communication campaigns; passionate about storytelling through emails, articles, infographics, websites and video content.
If you like wearing multiple hats, operate well on a small team, have a go-getter attitude and a keen eye for good design, keep reading!
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
As part of a small team, the candidate works well in a collaborative environment, under direction, as well as independently
- Develops original digital and print content, written and visual, for multi-media communications including, but not limited to: emails, memos, talking points, video storyboards and scripts, FAQs, articles, live events, webinars, blurbs, presentation decks, social content, posters, flyers and infographics
- Works independently on standardized/recurring assignments and under the direct supervision of senior staff
- Devises and executes creative marketing and communications campaigns, in keeping with Capital's culture and brand standards
- Uses creative storytelling techniques to create an emotional connection with the audience.
- Ensures all members of the project team, client and direct supervisor are apprised of the project status, required deliverables, the review process and the completion schedule.
- Assists with concept design, planning, logistics and execution of campaigns and on-site events
-Manage communication calendar, distribution lists, and archives
- Can take conceptual ideas and translate into corporate, contemporary written and/or visual content through the use of graphic design, photography, videography
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Extensive working knowledge of digital and print graphic design principles and best practices
- Working knowledge of video shooting and video editing principles and best practices
- Extensive experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro (please provide portfolio with samples of your work)
- Baseline in corporate yet contemporary writing skills
- A keen eye for innovative marketing tactics to an internal audience and the importance of brand and campaign management
- Self-starter, inspired by ideas and team oriented
- Ability to adhere to project schedule and be a collaborative team player while being able to independently work on deliverables.
- High energy, fun and creative
- Strong organizational skills: goal and deadline oriented, pro-active thinker
- Strong communications skills: articulate ideas, express self and capture others' ideas easily.
- Familiarity and interest in marketing strategies used in alternate diverse industries such as fashion, gaming, entertainment, theater, retail
- Experience with supporting on-site activities and events
- Ability to professionally collaborate cross-departmentally in a corporate environment
- Ability to distill and visually present thematic inputs via poll/ survey data
- Natural eye for detail and naturally proactive
- Clear communicator
- Graphic design abilities/ video expertise are a plus! (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of experience: 4+
*Please provide writing or other communication/ presentation samples upon submitting candidates. Candidates without samples will not be considered.*
skills: Marketing Communications
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.