job summary: Payroll Manager (Temporary position) Job Description
Temporary need to fill in for the current Senior Payroll Manager while on Leave of Absence. This roll will supervise the processing of a 4,000+ employee payroll. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge with Multi-State payrolls, complex tax situations and reciprocity, garnishments, Payroll auditing and analytics.
location: Bethesda, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
experience: 8 Years
- Audit various aspects and work product of the weekly and bi-weekly payroll to ensure accuracy.
- Use of payroll, tax, and garnishment knowledge to participate in the implementation and testing of the new Weekly payroll system (SAP SuccessFactors/EC Payroll)
- Preparation of relevant reports, including weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as well as periodic reports of earnings, taxes, deductions, etc.
- Oversee the processing of New Hire I-9's and Employment Authorization updates in Workday and E-verify
- Backup other Payroll staff for Tax Changes, Garnishment setup, and Payroll processing
- Process Workers Comp earning requests and questions
- Ensure the Monthly and Quarterly tax reporting is completed on time and correctly
- Respond to Executive, Manager, HR and Employee requests and questions
- Protect and maintain confidential information
- Ad hoc reports and projects as assigned
- Eight years+ previous experience with payroll
- Extensive experience with payroll systems; Workday preferred. Experience implementing new payroll system/conversion a plus
- Tax Reciprocity knowledge required
- Union and/or Davis Bacon experience a plus
- Proficient in generating and running payroll reports and audits
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining data accuracy and timeliness in processing and delivery
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, including creation of complex formulas
- Commitment to providing outstanding and 'above and beyond' customer service
- Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines and utilize resources appropriately
skills: Payroll, Workers Compensation, Workday
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.