A global leader in rubber and plastic manufacturing is looking for an experienced technical applications specialist to learn their products and to eventually work with and manage about $20M in business. This person will ultimately replace the Key Account Manager upon their retirement. The position requires a high degree of technical aptitude in rubber applications, plastics engineering/chemistry.
The Key Account Manager will mostly work remotely and work with a handful of major global accounts, mid-tier accounts and do new business development. They need to be able to present solutions up and down large organizations including contacts in procurement, quality, engineering, and others. This position reports to the GM and is an individual contributor.
The base salary could be $80-120k or more, depending on experience, and will have an incentive plan with a target bonus of about 15%, not capped. Candidate must be within driving distance of Chicago.
location: Schaumburg, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Manage a portfolio of designated accounts
- Coordinate and prioritize current projects and find new revenue in accounts
- Uncover new business opportunities
- Become a trusted adviser for major accounts - in all functional groups, at all levels including senior executives - with particular emphasis on quality, procurement and engineering
- Liaise between accounts and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and specifications
- Utilize the CRM system to maximize account potential
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Plastics/Rubber Technology/Engineering, Chemistry, Packaging Engineering or similar
- 3+ years experience in technical sales or applications
- Experience with or understanding of rubber applications is preferred
- Experience working with major and/or global accounts
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time when travel is acceptable and safe
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar a CRM is a plus
skills: Customer Relations, Account Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.