Privacy and Data Security Attorney Editor REMOTE
A major public company has a need for a licensed attorney with 2+ years' experience working as a compliance attorney, 4+ years' experience with legal research and writing, and familiarity with a broad spectrum of privacy & data security matters
This is a REMOTE position approved for 4 months in duration at 20-25 hours per week. You will work from your own office/home on your own schedule (i.e., no set hours). An extension is possible.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to noon
education: Law Degree
experience: 4 Years
- You will be responsible for independently researching, writing, editing and reviewing documents to provide practical guidance on how best to accomplish specific legal tasks related to privacy and data security.
- At least 2 years' experience working as a compliance attorney and at least 4 years' experience with legal research and writing.
- Familiarity with a broad spectrum of privacy & data security matters, including:
-US federal and state privacy and data security laws, such as Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, HIPAA and HiTech, COPPA, CCPA, FTC Act, FCRA/FACTA, CAN-SPAM, state and federal security breach notification laws, telemarketing regulations, and industry-specific standards, including, for example, PCI DSS; and
-non-US data protection laws in various regions, including EU (GDPR), Asia-Pacific, and Latin America
- An active license to practice law in any US jurisdiction.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
Note that this position is remote so you can work from any location.
If interested, please respond immediately!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.